Re: (no subject)

Hi,

> (1) The Installation wont detect my Sound-Card which is built on the
> Motherboard.

A lot of onboard soundcards are AC97 based ones. Go to a terminal window
(redhat->system tools->terminal) and type hwbrowser. If it's not listed
there under soundcards, you know it's not been detected.

The big problem is really down to the hardware companies not releasing
details of the new boards and waiting for the kernel hackers to produce
the driver.

Personally, I would ditch the onboard sound and buy a cheap PCI sound
card.

> (2) It wont detect my PCI Modem.

Yep - PCI modems are typically winmodems. From memory, these do the
modulating and Windows does the demodulating, they're a pain in the butt
to be honest. However, you may find some help at www.linmodems.org (I
think it is). Again, I'd go and buy an external one as these invariably
work.

> I have the Installation disk on CD with the drivers for both items
> Motherboard/Modem

Are they in a directory called Linux? If not, they'll be for the
darkside.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our