Re: SB Live! Audigy not working.

Beej-in-GA wrote:
Hi All,
Here is what I did to get my Audigy Platinum working.  Looking for someone
to show me how to automate this at boot up for all accounts.  The card had
not been operable under kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2.  So I Updated via Up2date
(Red Hat Network) to kernel 2.6.8-1.521.

How I turned on Sound card. (SB Live! Audigy Platinum)
BY
B. J. Smith

Using Kernel 2.6.8-1.521

1.First I opened Volume control in "Systray" and ensured that all listed
settings were unlocked.
2. Then I opened a terminal window from the Fedora/System Tools menu and
typed su at the prompt.
3.Entered "root" password at the prompt.
4. typed "alsamixer" at the prompt and un-muted the following.
A. Tone
B. Audigy Analog/digital Output Jack
5. Increased the following to Max Settings
A. Audigy CD
B. Audigy Capture
C. Front
D. CD
E. Center
F. Music
G. Surround
H. PCM Center
I. PCM Surround
J. PCM Front
K. PCM LFE
6. It is unknown to me Whether it was necessary to set all of these to max
or 100 per cent, but I did it.
7. Then I detected sound card and played the test sound and it worked.
Can anyone tell me how set up something that will make this happen at boot
up for all accounts which are at present only Root and my user account set
up at installation.
Any further comments would be gratefully welcome. Thanks.
Later,
B.J. Smith

I was surprised at item 4/B working for you as I need to mute this for my Audigy to work. I assume your /etc/modprobe.conf has the following

install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 && /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-emu10k1

(allowing for line wrapping)
this will setup Alsa every time you boot but its not perfect so after adjusting your mixer issue :

# alsactl store

If the 'install' doesn't work issue:

# alsactl restore

This is stored in /etc/asound.state