Kernel Problems: Not funny anymore

    So like everyone else I'm updating the home system here with
whatever the repos have available.  Fairly vanilla hardware, working for
years, and I don't mess with it much, either.

    One day 'yum update' offers me kernel-2.6.6-1.435.  I reboot to it,
expecting to have to mess with the Nvidia drivers, but I never get that
far- instant reboot.  No text, no explanation, just BEEP! and I see the
BIOS re-init.  Very funny.

    So I stay with the old kernel, kernel-2.6.7-1.494.2.2.  A couple of
days or weeks go by.

    Today I was offered kernel-2.6.8-1.521.  Instant reboot.

    This is no longer a fluke; this is a trend.

    Questions:

    1.  Is anyone ELSE having this glaring problem?

    2.  What can I do to learn why *I* am having it?

    3.  Is this thing going to keep happening?

Brian FahrlÃnder                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller