Re: FC2 : SATA RAID

A while back, slaists wrote:
> Configuration:
> Amd AthlonXP
> VIA VT8237 SATA RAID
> 2 x 200GB HDD SATA
>
> Problem:
> it seems installing FC2 sata raid is recognized, but probing hde, hdg
> results in IRQ, etc errors.

Is this just used for Linux?

This isn't hardware RAID: under Windows, the device driver does the work
(and under DOS, the BIOS does). So under Linux, you're much better off
using the standard Linux software RAID.

Support for the VIA partitioning scheme is coming, but it isn't stable
yet.

> I found this driver, too:
> http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=297#raid
>
> But it doesn't compile. Lots of errors.

Those are for the 2.4 kernel. No, they don't compile against 2.6.
They're not supposed to.

> P.S. Where can I find archieve of this list?
<snip>