Re: up2date problem - usual solutions don't seem to help

Lets Go Canes wrote:

Hi all.

I've got a brand-spanking-new install of FC2 that I'm trying to run
up2date on.  It goes through the first two urls:

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-2
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/updates-released-fc2

and then sits there for a while, and finally performs what looks like a
python stack trace, and finally says:

urllib2.URLError: <urlopen open (110, 'Connection timed out')>

I've searched the archives of this list, and found suggestions for
editing the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file and trying different
mirrors.  I have now tried 4 different mirrors, and all of them seem to
behave the same.

Usual questions:
Behind a firewall?  yes
Configured valid proxy url, user, and password?  yes
Net connection working?  yes - mozilla browsing works without trouble

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Firstly, please do not hijack foreign threads. That blows. Just create a new mail. A true new mail, not a reply and then erasure, that causes headers to be left behind that thread your question into another thread.

Secondly, what mirrors did you try?