Re: Greetings

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 13:34, Beej-in-GA wrote:
> Hello.  New to the list, looking forward to lots of good info here.  I
> am very much a newbie to Linux and Fedora, and I do have an issue or
> two.  I will get to those in separate messages, I just wanted to say
> hi here.  Thanks.
> Later,
> B.J.

Welcome B.J.,
Let me just take a moment and give you an quick intro so you don't get
flamed. You might try Google and the archives before asking a question.
There are some here that can be very testy. Don't take it personal. The
point of Googling is so that you build your research skills at the same
time. As far as netiquette. Never top post. That is, when you respond to
a message, respond below. If the message starts to get long, <snip> some
of the irrelevant material to keep things brief. Never post in HTML.
Some use text only mail readers and they get all the HTML code besides
the message. This is the same with those who receive the digest version.
Never hijack a thread. What that means is that you don't just hit the
reply button to another message and change the subject to your question.
Always start a new message when asking a new question.
Just trying to make your stay pleasurable. Oh, and there is no maid
service, so you will have to pick up after yourself.
Good luck.

--
Edward M. Croft
Sr. Systems Engineer