Re: Anyone know why uw-imap was replaced by dovecot in FC2?

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 09:52:54AM +0000, Ian Laurie wrote:
> Can't google my way to an answer to that.
>
> Ian

People keep saying the FC2 uses dovecot by default. On our FC2 systems
dovecot is there but it is cyrus-map that is used by default. Now if
you ask me why cyrus-imap I would answer that for the first time
using cyrus-imap you can configure imap to return only a selected set
of files or directories instead all the files and directories in your
home directory on the server. It is configurable when previous redhat
or Fedora delivered imap servers were not.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.