Problems with Samba in FC2

I am running FC2 in a network with three Win98 SE machines. Ever since
upgrading to FC 2 Samba and my network have not been working right.

When setting up Samba, under FC2 it insists om setting security as
"Share"--changing it to "User" in smb.conf makes no difference. The
setting remains "Share"

With this setting the network works sometimes and sometimes not and I
have not a clue about what the problem is.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Richard