Rootkithunter on FC1/FC2

Hi,

I've recently installed RootkitHunter on my FC1/2
machines and am concerned how it finds some vulnerable
packages.

A standard run on FC1 produces:

* Application version scan
   - GnuPG 1.2.3
       [ Vulnerable ]
   - Apache 2.0.50
       [ OK ]
   - Bind DNS [unknown]
       [ OK ]
   - OpenSSL 0.9.7a
       [ Vulnerable ]
   - PHP 4.3.8
       [ OK ]
   - Procmail MTA 3.22
       [ OK ]
   - OpenSSH 3.6.1p2
       [ Vulnerable ]

A standard run on FC2 produces:

* Application version scan
   - GnuPG 1.2.4
       [ OK ]
   - Apache 2.0.50
       [ OK ]
   - Bind DNS [unknown]
       [ OK ]
   - OpenSSL 0.9.7a
       [ Vulnerable ]
   - PHP 4.3.8
       [ OK ]
   - Procmail MTA 3.22
       [ OK ]
   - OpenSSH 3.6.1p2
       [ Vulnerable ]

RKhunter doesn't say what vulnerabilities exist in
these packages, but since they do have vulnerabilities
why don't Fedora patch these?

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com