Core 2 Installation Problem

Attempting to boot from the core 2 DVD result in:

   ISOLINUX 2.08 2003-12-12 isolinux : Loading spec packet failed, trying to wing it…

   Isolinux : Found something at drive = 9F

This is an OLD system – Pentium I, 200MHz, 80MB of memory, 2GB disk, Award BIOS vintage 1996.  I recently installed Win2K on the system just to validate that everything was working properly.  It would be nice to have a dual boot disk but I realize that a 2GB disk just won’t cut it so my intent was to let the core 2 installation reformat the drive.

In another attempt, I booted from a Win95 boot disk, but at this point the DVD device is not recognized.

Is there any hope for this system or is it just too old?