Re: Replacing disk in Linux Software RAID 1

Michael E. Webster wrote:
Robin,

Yes, my instructions show how to do that. I was just commenting that
the install, IMHO, should be smart enough to know to write the MBR to
both drives.

I would also recommend using mdadm. http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2002/12/05/RAID.html

Would it be possible to write the MBR to the second disk just in case?
--
Robin Laing

I was just echoing your comment about the raid software should be smart enough.

-- Robin Laing