Re: Help me find 5 mistakes and than solution to thoes mistakes!

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 21:59, janne wrote:
> You do realize that this list is archived publicly and indexed by
> google, right? It would be absolutely trivial for your teacher to use
> google to find out that you are trying to have other people do your
> homework for you.
>
> Besides, the whole point of doing homework is learning from doing it -
> it is counterproductive for you to ask, and a waste of time for us to do
> your work.

Well, there are two schools of thought. A good sys admin will know where
to find the resources to find solutions. Given the complexities of
modern operating systems and computers there is just too much for any
one person to know it all. As I have taught a class in programming eons
ago, as an instructor, I would give him credit for seeking out this
group for solutions. Though if this information was contained within the
scope of the class, then he would get gigged for not knowing it.
And to Mr. Oberoi, that class I taught, I was a student in until the
instructor left. I was asked due to my high grades and abilities to
finish out teaching the class. I had one student who handed in work that
I tore up right in front of his eyes and gave him an "F". Why? Well it
seems that he was a picker. He went through the trash when others
weren't around and found their code. The reason he got caught? He copied
it verbatim, including my signature EMC2. He tried to turn my work into
me as his own. He went to the administration trying to claim racial
bias, but after I showed them the evidence he was let go. The moral, you
really need to do the work. Pay attention in class. Learn all you can.
But mostly, you need to do your own work. Taking someone else's work and
saying it is your own is known in the literary world as plagiarism. You
can only get away with that for so long before you are found out. Put in
the work.  Learn. You will be the better for it.

--
Edward M. Croft
Sr. Systems Engineer