Re: How to Update

Sven Dzepina wrote:
Hello,

I am a Mac OS X Server Administrator, now I have a Fedora Server in front of me.
I do not know how to update fedora core 1. Is there any update service
from redhat ?

bye.

There is a brief, but well-written set of instructions for using yum from the command line for your updates at this url:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc1/#InstallSoftware

Here's the short version:
1. copy this file to your local machine:
http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc1/samples/yum.conf

2. move that file to /etc/yum.conf thereby replacing the one that comes with a fresh installation of fc1. You'll need to be root to do this.

3. while you are root, update your system by typing this:
yum update

That's all there is to it! You may want to edit the yum.conf to use mirrors that are geographically closer to you, however.

Hope this helps,
Clint