FC2 install problems

Ok I am not sure if I am onto something or not and being a linux newbie I
may be way off target so please correct me if I am wrong.

I have been trying to upgrade my Compaq ML350 dual processor SCSI HDD X2
currently running FC1. I can boot to the CD no problems and get to the
splash screen, I type "linux text" the computer proceeds as normal but ends
up with "exec of anaconda failed: No such file or directoryinstall exited
abnormally" which then sends termination. Doesn't matter what
switches/options I use I get the same.

CD's have been verified and in fact tested on another computer which
installs fine.

I did a little digging and found that FC2 installer once started seems to be
looking for /dev/CD-ROM. On FC1 the cd is /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hda and the
mount is /mnt/cdrom

It would appear that /dev/hda is compiled on the machine as cdrom and needs
to be CD-ROM which I don't know how to do.

I would very much appreciate anyone's input on this.

--

Maurice Mcfarlane

---
[This E-mail has been scanned for viruses by the IPC E-mail server]