Re: Installing fedora core on a RH 8 box

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 12:23, DBS wrote:

> Is it possible to upgrade a RH 8 box to core 1 or 2 without
> completely starting from scratch?  Is there an auto install over RH 8, or
> will I need to
> re install everything including mail servers, FTP, network settings, apache
> httpd.conf configs, etc. etc.

There is an upgrade option (anaconda, the installer will detect an
existing RH Linux installation and ask you to upgrade)

If all settings will still work as before, its a bit hit-and-miss. It
should all work, but if a breakage occurs, don't be surprised

That said, I've done this before, from RH8->FC1, and it has all just
worked out well for me
--
Colin Charles, byte@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.bytebot.net/