Re: Setting up network.

I would like to continue to solve the problem.  Not being able to save and then paste the data off the floppy was getting to me. I was almost ready to throw up my hands and quit but you have got me on the right track.  I got your e-mail and read it and that got me to thinking and now I can send and receive e-mails on the linux machine.  I have a yahoo account already and may in the near future change my e-mail accounts over to that account.  But that is for another time. Right now I am sending on the Netscape account and also receiving with no problem

The windows boxes do not see the linux box on the network.  However the linux can ping them with no problem.  What I want to be able to do is to share files with the linux and windows boxes.  I have never asked whether that is even possible and if possible what are the drawbacks

As far as Netscape is concerned I was told that it was an IMAP account and that was the total that they knew.  I don't have any idea what is an IMAP account and how is it different...

Not sure about running X though I have seen a reference to X.  I am running Grome and everything on the desktop is graphic.

So everything is setup and now all I need is to impose some more on you for the help I need.  I am sending this direct and via Fedora since I sent it once and it bounced.  Another typo. I am good at doing that for sure.

Thanks

Bill

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.