Re: Fedora Core -1 & redhat 9!

Ashraf Mousa wrote:
dear users of Fedora I have redhat9 installed on my computer. I would like to install and try Fedora. Is it possible to upgrade from redhat9 to fedora? how?
thanks ashraf

Dr. Eng. Ashraf El-Kutb Mousa
Ass. Prof. Crustal Movements Lab.
National Research Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics, Elmarsad St., Helwan, Cairo, Egypt
Postal no.: 11421
Tel(office) : +202-5549708
Fax : +202-5548020
Tel (Home) : +202-518-7001

Hi and welcome to the Fedora list. I upgraded my RH 9 machine to FC1 by simply inserting the first FC1 cd, and powering up the machine. The installer asked me if I wanted to upgrade the existing installation or install a new installation. I chose the upgrade, and it went smoothly. I would highly recommend backing up all important data first.

However, when I moved to FC2, I backed up all of my data and did a fresh installation because there are many big differences between FC1 and FC2.

Hope this helps,
Clint