Re: attached messages

It would appear that on Aug 13, Alexander Dalloz did say "To" Rodrigo
M.Affonso:
> And choose a proper working, standards following mail client and you'll
> have no problems with my list mails. If you are addicted to Windows[tm]
> on your client side then check for Mozilla Mail, Thunderbird or Sylpheed
> for example.

Mostly I would agree with you Alexander, But I do think however that
part of why not so "proper" mail clients have such problems also stems
from your choosing to use a detached "digital signierter"

My chosen mail-client "Pine" (which I think is still a "proper" mail
client) does display your message text that does none the less arrive as
an attachment. Note this was copied from pines attachment data for:

- -> Parts/Attachments:
- ->  1.1 Shown    ~31 lines  Text
- ->  1.2          196 bytes  Application, "Dies ist ein digital signierter Nach
- ->  2   Shown      4 lines  Text

However, even though pine is fairly mail standards compliant, if I try to
reply to a message with a detached sig such as yours, this is what I
get:

=>   PINE 4.60   COMPOSE MESSAGE REPLY [H] <Incoming-Folders> fedora-now  330 Msgs
=>
=> From    : "Joe(theWordy)Philbrook" <jtwdyp@xxxxxxxx>
=> Newsgrps: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general
=> Attchmnt: 1. [Multipart] (1.2KB) "",
=>           2. [Text] (123bytes) ""
=> Subject : Re: attached messages
=> ----- Message Text -----

<no quoted message text makes it to the composer>

This would bug me if I hadn't discovered that with pine, If I export
such a message then open the export folder and reply to the exported
copy of the message I get a quoted copy of the message text in the
composer without getting any included attachments...

Don't get me wrong Alexander, I think proper mail clients should know
how to work with detached sigs, but even though I wrapped my copy of
pine with: ez-pine-gpg v0.4c ## http://Business-PHP.com/opensource/ez-pine-gpg/
And can automatically verify embedded pgp sigs, I can't verify the ones
that like you, choose to use the detached sig...  (Unless perhaps if I
saved both the text and the detached sig attachments separately to files,
perhaps then the gpg command line syntax for detached sigs would work!?!)

I just think that when you told the OP to get a better mail-client you
could have explained just what it was about your message that the OP
needed a better mail client for...

Have a nice day.

- --

   # You can find my public gpg key at http://pgpkeys.mit.edu/  #