Re: VB Alternative

Mike Ramirez wrote:

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 07:27, Gordon Keehn wrote:

Pablo wrote:

Goto http://gambas.sourceforge.net/.
That´s Gambas. It´s pretty easy to understand and it´s meant to be an
alternative to VB under linux.

I checked it out, and according to the Downloads page, "*/Gambas/* in the list of fresh updates for /Fedora Core 2/. You can install it easily by using the synaptic package manager." Does anyone know offhand what repository to look in? I use synaptic but couldn't find gambas (or Gambas) in the default freshrpms repositories, or in newrpms.sunsite.dk (included for wine upgrades).
Cheers,
Gordon Keehn

dag.wieers.com or dries has it.

The version pointed to by dag.wieers.com has a dependency on XFree86, which as we all know, has been replaced by XOrg in Fedora Core 2. Now that I've got the infrastructure set up, I'll check once in a while to see if a new. compatible version is available.
Cheers,
Gordon Keehn