Re: OT- SCO - Mr. Enderle - Linux - Free Software.

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 08:17, Robin Laing wrote:
> I found this from a link off of Slashdot and felt that it may be of
> interest to many here.
>
> This isn't directed to Fedora but it covers Linux and Mr. Enderle's
> view of Linux Users as not having a life.
>
> [quote]
> There are people who get up every day, work a 9 to 5 and go home to
> their families trading their lives for varying degrees of cash. In my
> view, though clearly not theirs, they are selling their lives very
> cheaply. These are wage slaves and the difference between
> people like that and a zombie is generally lost on me.
>
> Do you realize that many, I'm not saying all or even most, of the
> Linux supporters are like this, they have never coded anything in
> their lives, have never even played a video game, in fact the only
> reason they are supporting Linux is because it is a cause and their
> life lacks one.
>
> That is an incredibly sad group of folks, and I wonder what their
> reaction will be when they finally understand they are supporting
> software and not the second coming.
<snip>
> The computer now is happy to be running FC1. :)
>
> --
> Robin Laing

Is this the same man leading the lawsuits against various companies for
using Linux?   SCO vs DaimlerChrysler (lost)  Daimler Chrysler uses
Linux clusters and according to the DaimlerChrysler refused to produce a
"certification of compliance" with a licensing agreement from 1990.  I
don't know the exact details but know that SCO lost.

Novell, Autozone and IBM are also on their target list of companies that
they are sueing.  Got to wonder whats behind his comments. It seems that
the SCO Group is losing the legal battle and now are playing the little
kid who can't get his way.

BTW 2 computers running FC2 and loving it.