Re: where's tcl/tk?

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:46:34 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:27:03 -0700 (PDT)
> Michael Mallete <mrmallete@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > hello everyone!
> >
> > i hope you don't mind such newbie question. anyway, i
> > can't seem to find where tcl is installed (that is if
> > i did install it). in the add/remove package gui,
> > under what category is it (kernel development, X,
> > etc)?
> >
> > hope you don't mind such basic questions. thanx in
> > advance!
>
> Hello, Michael :)
> In Fedora Core 2, tcl and tk are both installed in /usr
> The category for both tcl and tk is "Development/Languages"
>
> Have a Great Day :)
> Steven P. Ulrick

Hello again, Michael
I made a small booboo.  The category I gave you is from Kpackage, which
gets such information from an RPM's header.  Assuming you are referring
to "system-config-packages", I have know idea where that gets category
info from.
I apologize for any confusion :)  If you were wondering about KPackage
(a graphical program to install and uninstall RPM's), email me off list
and I'll tell you how I got it working on Fedora Core 2.  (It does not
ship with Fedora Core 2's KDE)

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick