Re: traceroute tools

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 10:35, redhat wrote:
> Greetings,
> I was wondering if anyone knew of a graphical tool to do traceroutes?  I
> found an online service that is a pretty cool
> (http://visualroute.visualware.com/) java-based tool that will enable
> you to input an IP address and it will tell you where it is as well as
> show you the hops and draw a line on a global map to show where the IP
> address originates.  Does anyone know of a tool similar to that for FC?
> thanks,
> Doug

Try and find a copy of xtraceroute.  It will do what you are looking
for.  Have not use that tool in awhile but from what I remember you
could rotate the globe to see where it thought the route went.  Of
course the quality of the route depends on the info the router owners
have included in their records.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid@xxxxxxxxxx>