Re: FC2-i386-disc2.iso has error

Rachel Lee wrote:
Dear all,
I have downloaded FC2-i386-disc2.iso from Fedora page twice. I have burned CDs using Roxio easy CD creator(record CD from CD image) and checked using command: linux mediacheck
The result was 'FAIL' for disc2 each time.
How to solve this problem please?
is the first cd okay? do you have a way to run the md5sums of the isos?

calculate the md5sum of the iso and compare it to the published value.

$ md5sum myfile.iso
(wait for calculation)

you should be able to find the md5sum published at the same location that you downloaded the iso. or :

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/2/i386/iso/MD5SUM

if the md5sum values match, then there is something odd going on. i'm guessing you have a corrupt iso (the md5sums will not match on each end).

if the md5sums don't match you will have to try the download again or find a better connection until they match.

---
John