Re: Automatically mounting USB flash disks/ USB thumb drives->mounterro

On 11/08/04, at 11:16 +0100, Andy Green <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>[..]
> /mnt/usb is a red herring I think, this is only used with the Camera type
> devices as the destination to copy the content to on connect.  I saw that you
> gave it but it should be ignored.
>
> What you should be seeing is a Konqueror window opening on /mnt/usbaudioplayer
> on connect.
>
> Nothing will happen though unless automount is functional.
>
> Automount is provided in a package 'autofs'.  Can you check your version and
> update it?
>
> #rpm -q autofs
> autofs-4.1.3-8

Thanks Andy and other for helping but I really couldn't get this
usbautocam to
work even by updating my autofs.

Finally I found something that I could install rapidly and hassle free!

::Mounterro::

http://www.hut.fi/~tkarvine/mounttero/

I just installed the rpm and restarted autofs and voilà everything was
working.

I had to do a small

ln -s /mnt/auto/usb /mnt/
ln -s /mnt/auto/cdrom /mnt/

so that I could get my cdrom drive and usb in mnt instead of the default
location.

Now in Enlightenment it detects both my usb stick and cdrom perfectly and
automounts them on my system.

Well It doesn't pop up anything but I could probably adapt Andy's script
to this one.

Cheers,
Didier.