Re: Problems using up2date

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 20:46 -0400, William Hooper wrote:
> Ian P. Thomas said:
>
> > The reason I'm attempting to use this option is because up2date has
> > failed to complete a complete run of updating my system.  It times
> out when
> > attempting to download the packages I need to update.
>
> You want to edit the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file.

	If you look carefully at the sources file, you'll find that it only
uses 2 lines 1 which points to the fedora download site and 1 which has
a "up2date-mirrors" section followed by (in my case) fedora-core-
rawhide, which opens a text file of about 5 mirrors that up2date will
cycle through.  Some of those only have 1 site, so you could change
which miror list you use fairly easily too!  As I understand it this
means that if you are not getting a good download speed, you could try
again and you may just get another (not-so-busy) mirror. At least that's
the way it's been working for me.

But if you want to ensure that you only download from a particular site,
you'll have to edit the sources file, ensuring that the non #'d lines
are remarked out.