Re: Firewall Help with Bittorrent

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 5:31 PM -0400 Thom Paine <thom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have gShield firewall script from muse.linuxmafia.org running on my
server. I'm having a hard time getting the port forwarding for the
Bittorrent client working on my workstation.

Is there a support list for that firewall script? You probably won't find a lot of people here running it, so targeting the script's list would be more effective for getting help.

Meanwhile, if it's not too big, you could post the output of "iptables -L -v" and "iptables -t nat -L -v". Those dump the firewall tables for the regular and NAT rules. Inspecting that output should give you insight into what's failing. (I use the output from iptables-save, but it's a bit terse, lacking the formatting and the protocol and DNS names.)