Re: Wierd Up2Date problem

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:10:22AM -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> See that's the problem, I don't KNOW which packages, as I can never get
> up2date or yum to tell me what packages are available.  The notification
> icon keeps flashing the red ! with '2 updates available (0 skipped)' in the
> tool tip, but no packages show up when I run it.  Also, I don't have it set
> to upgrade the kernels automatically, but I don't see any new kernels listed
> either.  BTW, this is FC2, my fault, I should have mentioned that in the
> first one.

Try double-clicking on the red icon. That should show you a list of
packages that are 'available'. I bet one of them is kernel-doc.
If so, the way I got round this was to manaully remove the old
one with
    rpm -e kernel-doc

then download the new RPM direct from the fedora download site and
install it by hand with rpm -i

There may be a more elegant way round this problemm, but I never found
it.  The problem is something to do with that package changing from
architecture-specific to architecture-neutal.

Dave.

--
O Unicef Clearasil!
Gibberish and Drivel!