Re: [OT] Red Hat AS downloadable

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 06:35, Bob Hartung wrote:
> Hi all,
>    Could someone please clarify a point for me?  Is RedHat Advanced
> Server available for downloading as iso's for testing in an unsupported
> environment?
>
>    I thought I saw a reference to such in a recent version of "Linux
> Pro" in an interview with Matthew Szulik.
>
> TIA
>
> Bob

Bob, I am not sure if they still do. They did for RHAS 2.1, however,
note that you do not want to expose that version to the wild. You cannot
use RHN to update any packages. The only way to get updates is to get
the full subscription version. Other options is to use WhiteBox linux
which is RHAS with all of the Red Hat logos and specialty stuff stripped
out.

--
Edward M. Croft
Sr. Systems Engineer