Re: kernel

moblinux wrote:
is it safe to erase old kernel packages.i always use the latest smp one (i have a hyper threading processor).and is it also good idea to remove the non smp one (because i don' use it)

I have a machine that uses hyperthreading and I usually run the smp kernel. At certain times,things may not work properly w/ the smp kernel and the single processor version is nice to have to fall back on.

I guess the choice is yours. Do you feel that you will never run into a program or situation where the smp will not be the right choice?

Jim

-- Logic doesn't apply to the real world. -- Marvin Minsky