Re: UW IMAP 2004a for Fedora Core 2 (fix 0.1)

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 14:48, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> - Partially RFC3501-compliant version
> You can grab the partially RFC3501-complaint version here:
> http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RPMS/imap-2004a-0.i386.rpm
> http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RPMS/imap-devel-2004a-0.i386.rpm
> http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RPMS/imap-debuginfo-2004a-0.i386.rpm
> SRPM:
> http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/SRPMS/imap-2004a-0.src.rpm
> This is probably the version you want.  It will allow cleartext password
> authentication over both TLS/SSL and non-TLS/SSL.  The RPM installs both
> pop3s/imaps TLS/SSL and pop3/imap non-TLS/SSL versions in the
> /etc/xinetd.d directory, but does _not_ enable either.  So if you only
> want TLS/SSL, just enable the former two (either use ntsysv, a run-level
> editor or edit the files and say disable = no) and not the latter two.

Forgot to override the default cert directory to /usr/share/ssl/certs
(and keys to /usr/share/ssl/private).  So I was getting SSL errors as
the pop3s/imaps services couldn't find the cert.  It also explains why I
couldn't get the RFC3501 compliant versions working even with cleartext
password over SSL.

New versions uploaded:

Partially RFC3501-compliant:
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RPMS/imap-2004a-0.1.i386.rpm
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RPMS/imap-devel-2004a-0.1.i386.rpm
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RPMS/imap-debuginfo-2004a-0.1.i386.rpm
SRPM:
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/SRPMS/imap-2004a-0.1.src.rpm

Fully RFC3501-compliant:
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RPMS/imap-2004a-0.1.rfc3501.i386.rpm
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RPMS/imap-devel-2004a-0.1.rfc3501.i386.rpm
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/RPMS/imap-debuginfo-2004a-0.1.rfc3501.i386.rpm
SRPM:
http://www.vaporwarelabs.com/files/temp/SRPMS/imap-2004a-0.1.rfc3501.src.rpm

-- Bryan

P.S.  Since it is the 21st century, I'll probably go ahead and make the
directory "/files/temp/Apt" into an Apt-RPM repository shortly (with the standard
"fedora/2/i386" and similar subdirs).  I'll probably sign the packages when I do
as well.

--
Time to switch: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/switch.html