Re: Dual boot fedora and another linux?

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 13:41, Rich Gomes wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>             I would like to dual boot fedora and another linux. So far
> I have had no luck. Is this possible using grub? I would like to share
> swap and/home. Do I need to create 2 /boot partitions, one for each
> distro or should they share the same one? I have tried with FC2 and
> Mandrake 9.1 but I do not see a menu.lst in Mandrake. Does anyone have
> a good way of doing this?

I have Fedora and two other Linux distributions installed on the same
machine, each with their own boot partition using grub. Each also has a
larger partition for everything besides /boot. I don't remember which
one I installed first, but after installing the second and third, I just
combined all three grub menus. The first install I had it install grub
in the MBR. The others, of course, I told it not to install grub.
--
C. Linus Hicks <lhicks@xxxxxxxxx>