"find" too slow on FC1's reiserfs file system

Title: "find" too slow on FC1's reiserfs file system

Hi,

 find runs far too slow on my reiserfs file system, on the file system I have only 3.4 Million small files under 2500 directories. An ext3 file system with the same contents tooks about 5 minutes for the command find /demoFileSystem type f to finish, while the same command took forever on a reiserfs file system.

 It is against our general ideas of reiserfs file system.. I dont know whats going on.

 The reiserfs file system is created with default parameters. mkreiserfs label demoFS /dev/hdd1 ,  the entry in fstab is:

/dev/hdc1               /demoFS                reiserfs defaults,nosuid 1 2, everything seems normal. When the machines reboots, it mounts reiserfs with no problems.

 My base Linux system is FC1, my kernel is a vanilla 2.4.26 kernel, with reiserfs built as a module.

 Any ideas?

 Thanks a lot.

 --Guolin Cheng