Re: TCP/IP over FireWire

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 08:53:38PM +0200, J.L. Coenders wrote:

> I know, but I found a site about it
> (http://www.linux1394.org/eth1394.php) which states it isn't very
> stable. However, I was wondering if anyone knows how stable it is,
> what is the current issues are, etc.  The thing is I have a laptop
> which has FireWire and I would like fast transferring from it to my
> main computer. My laptop doesn't have a gigabit connection... yet ;)
> - Jeroen

What is the sustained data rate for the disk on your lap top?

Many laptop disks and motherboards are slow enough that going real
fast on the network does not make much difference.

The project page looks interesting... If you
have firewire on both boxes give it a try.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004