Re: blank screen doesn't turn of LCD light

Rodney> Oh yeah, and if the dpms is set on, make sure you have power saving
Rodney> turned on in your xscreensaver config!

Matthew> Did you try Hat -> Preferences -> Screensaver -> Advanced ?

Whoops, I completely failed to spot the 'Advanced' settings.
After a bit of experimentation, I've got it working nicely.
Thanks guys!

(For anyone interested, I ended up setting screensaver to 3 mins, blank
mode, then under advanced settings,
enabled power management and set standby/suspend/off times to 0/0/3 mins)

--
To collect all the latest movies, simply place an unprotected ftp server
on the Internet, and wait for the disk to fill....