Re: separate NFS and download image hosts via DHCP?

Robert P. J. Day said the following on 06/08/2004 15:03:

not clear from the man page, but is there a way to configure /etc/dhcpd.conf to have separate hosts for both the NFS-mountable root filesystem, and the downloadable boot image?

  more generally, just how thoroughly can you segregate

1) the host providing DHCP service
2) the host providing the boot image
3) the host providing the NFS-mountable root FS?

Putting NFS on another box is no hassle. When you do a network install via NFS just specify the host of your choice or put it in the kickstart file.

As far as seperating DHCP and the boot image (TFTP) I have never tried but I think you need to use a DHCP proxy. Anyboby tried this before?

-- Redmond, we have a problem.