Re: listen to stream with xmms or mplayer

Thanks jim , but I removed all helper from the mozila and add audio/x-scpls as a mime to
helper , but again xmms play list window poped up when I clicked to listen to stream ,
I thinks there is a problem which i can't figure it out.Helper onlu pop up the xmms and not real player .

thanks for help

Jim Cornette wrote:

real player can only play real streams AFAIK..

You need ALSO or esound.. its your sound driver.. you may have alsa/esound both installed..

but you can

'yum install esound' and that should help

I tried to launch the salsa link for winamp and it played alright using RealPlayer 10. (Not a salsa music fan, but a good test)

I used xmms before after saving the playlist to disk and launching it by selecting the saved playlist.

MP3s not being included by default in the RHL 8 through present Fedora might have made the playlist capability for the player. It should work as Winamp works for most audio files.

Jim