Re: RPM Gui

On Saturday 07 August 2004 00:39, Aaron Gaudio wrote:
>On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 00:59 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>> Am Fr, den 06.08.2004 schrieb Renato F. Salas um 19:02:
>> > Hi, is there any RPM Gui installed by default on FC2? If not,
>> > which one you recommend.
>> >
>> > Renato F. Salas
>>
>> There is synaptics as a GUI frontend for apt, available through
>> fedora.us. And there is gyum as a GUI for yum
>> (http://www.fedoranews.org/tchung/gyum/).
>>
>> Alexander
>
>Or, if you're interested in a more direct access to rpm, you can use
>'system-config-packages' (it should be under the System Settings
> menu in Gnome, as "Add/Remove Applications").

Which prompted me to try and run it, in the faint hopes that it would
lead the way to fixing this borked upgrade to FC2, but as is typical,
I get this error (from lots of things)
-----------------
[root@coyote root]# system-config-packages
Unable to import gtk module.  This may be due to running without
$DISPLAY set.  Exception was:
/usr/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
pango_fc_font_map_cache_clear
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-packages/MainWindow.py", line 11,
in ?
    sys.exit(0)
NameError: name 'sys' is not defined
[root@coyote root]# echo $DISPLAY
:0.0
[root@coyote root]#
-------------
So I'm right back where I started.  The pango packages all verify, as
do the python things, so I'm at a loss.  Mozilla is the only
downloading tool I have left that works because this exact error
in /usr/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.so.0 fscks virtually everything else,
like gftp.  Although yum is working now, it has also suffered in the
past.  I don't recall what I did to fix yum unforch.

If anyone has any new ideas to try, I'm all eyes to read about them.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)