Re: hosting multiple sites on one machine

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 20:33, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 20:02, Jonathan T. Steadman wrote:
> > I am wanting to host multiple sites on one machine, and am not quite
> > sure how to do this...could somebody point me in the right direction, I
> > am running FC1...I think I have to set up DNS but I have no idea how to
> > go about configuring this.  Any help would be gr8.
>
> You need to read up on virtual hosts at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/
>
> You can set it up using either multiple domain names or multiple IP
> addresses.  The typical way is using multiple domain names that resolve
> to the same IP address.
>
> If you are hosting a lot of virtual hosts you may want to take a lok at
> vhost which is a set of programs/scripts that make managing virtual
> hosts very easy.  http://chaogic.com/vhost/
>

> --
> Scot L. Harris <webid@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hey that was perfect, I got it to work, still have not finished all the
reading yet, but I plan to.  Thanks a ton for the help, also Rodrigo you
said something about zone config files and creating dns zone for each
site you want to host, could you send me a link if you know of one I
really want to learn a bit more about this.