Re: Can't configure my NIC - ethtool & mii-tool won't work

David White wrote:
Hello everyone,

My internet activity is super slow in Fedora Core 2 compared to Windoze
2000.

etho is a cnet pro100wl NIC/dmfe driver for Fedora(Davicom).

I'd like to make sure its working at full-duplex & 100mbs but
ethtool says "no data available"
and
mii-tool says SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not permitted
 no MII interfaces found.

Are you running mii-tool as root? The error you're seeing is what I get if I try running it as a normal user.

If that still fails see if there's a man page for your NIC driver or if modinfo has anything intersting to say about options flags you can set to force a particular connection speed.

Simon.