Re: This list's search engine not working?

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:45:32 +0800
HaJo Schatz <hajo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any other search engine out there indexing this list reliably? Google
> shows 0 hits on a "site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/"
> search...

Hello, HaJo :)
I pasted the above quoted search string in Google, but I subtracted the
"site:" part.
So, when I put "www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/" in a Google
search, I came up with one hit:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/

This is a direct link to the archives for the Fedora Core list.  On the
Fedora List archives page, when I searched for "Schatz" instead of
"HaJo", I got 83 hits.  I checked a few of those 83, and I saw a few for
you, and a few for a Jonathan Schatz.  If I search for Hajo Schatz using
the search function on the Fedora List archive page, I get about 40
hits.
I have no idea why, but for some reason, if "Hajo" is the only string
searched for, nothing comes up.  If your last name comes up, I get quite
a few hits.  The strange part is that when I add "HaJo" to "Schatz",
"HaJo" does have an affect on the search.  As far as why this is, I
haven't a clue :(

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick