Re: vpnclient and host lookups

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 22:55, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> Don't know about that, but I just got the open source vpnc working, which
> doesn't steal my DNS setup. My LAN can use the connection using a
> MASQUERADE rule in iptables to the tun1 device, and all my DNS queries
> continue to go out the Internet connection instead of getting diverted to
> the VPN peer.

Which works well until you need to reference your company intranets DNS
servers for access to certain systems.  I have yet to hear of a VPN
solution that lets you query both external and internal DNS servers.

I guess it might be theoretically possible if the VPN client looks at
the domain on the request, but I have not seen one that does this.
--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

If you want to get rich from writing, write the sort of thing that's
read by persons who move their lips when the're reading to themselves.
		-- Don Marquis