Problems with tulip module Core2

I recently tried to intall Core2 on my pc, which was
an upgrade from Core1.
But my networkcard refused to work, which is working
fine under Core1. The module in question is the tulip
module.
My Pc is a AMD-K6 CPU with 512 Mb RAM.

I even tried to to a complete reinstall, but with the
same result.

I had no choice as to reinstall Core1 from scratch to
get back to linux.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Felix mathais