Re: Synaptics TouchPad in FC2

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Kurt A. Bartnik wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 12:01, Didier Casse wrote:
> > FC2 doesn't seem to detect very well my synaptics touchpad.
> > Anybody knows how to get FC2 to work with a standard touchpad.
>
> A second option that will work if you only need basic touchpad support
> (i.e. you don't need the Synaptics-specific features) is to add the
> following as a boot argument:
>
> psmouse.proto=imps
>
> I added it to my grub.conf, so that the argument is passed at boot-time.
>
> Works fine on my Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop, YMMV.

On my Thinkpad, this option enables tapping on the touchpad but disables
the pointing stick and the buttons above the touchpad.

Is there a simple way to get both touchpad tapping and the pointing stick
to work without installing the whole Synaptics driver?

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu