RE: Secure Login Problem

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 20:42, Francine Valdez wrote:
> The home website is www.harrisdirect.com. When you click login it trys to
> connect to www2.harrisdirect.com using
> https protocol.
>
> I asked harrisdirect support to look at it but the reply was "we don't
> support linux" . They still seemed willing to look at it more if I desired
> to persue it further.
>
> Yes I can ping it (www2.harrisdirect.com) and some times can even log in
> successfully. When I do log in eventually I the connection is lost and I
> cannot continue to do research on a stock.
>
> I disabled the firewall, but that did not help so I renabled it.
>
> Try logging in and see if you get the "www2.harrisdirect.com not found"
> error.
I tried with both FC1 and FC2 into www.harrisdirect.com with no
problem.  I don't have a password, but I'm redirected to
https://www2.harrisdirect.com/cgi....  I'm using firefox on both
machines.

For the record, on FC2 I have ipv6 disabled and I didn't read previous
messages in the thread.  If I'm jumping in late, please ignore the
post.
--
Clifford Snow