Re: FC2 and newest kernel update via yum.

Re: FC2 and newest kernel update via yum.

I also began to experience some network problems after
I updated to the newest kernel.

I'm running samba 3.0.3.5 to share files with some
Win98SE and Win2k machines.  Normally I can transfer
files by using nautilus file browser to open a window
to one of the Win shares, a second window to a
directory on my FC2 machine, and then
drag-and-dropping the files from one window to
another.

After I upgraded to the new kernel, the "Copying
Files" window that pops up when I drop-and-drag a file
freezes, and file transfer does not occur.  Rebooting
with the previous kernel solves the problem.

Personally, I've found Samba networking under FC2 to
be rather flaky since the get-go.

Best regards,

GS