qmail conversion smtps?

I have converted to sendmail after all the irritation I got from
installing sendmail, and it is just about up already, a lot more simple
then sendmail with all the correct packages, anyways I have not yet
figured out how to set up smtps which is a priority for me so I can send
mail remotely w/o fear of passwords being stolen and others using my
mail server.  anyways any help on that would be great also pop3s but
that is not such a big deal being I am now using imaps, in fact I might
just not even use pop anymore.