Re: Nifty Hat Mitch <mitch48@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> emails hang my mail client

James Ronald wrote:
Every message posted by Nifty Hat Mitch <mitch48@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> hangs when
getting mail from my ISPs mail server.  After logging on using Web mail and
deleting all his messages I'm then able to continue getting my mail.  Anyone
else having this problem? Yes, I'm using outlook express and I've tried
outlook and it fails in the same way.

It's possible that they both have the same POP code so they might have the same bug. Trying it with a mail client not written by Microsoft would help isolating the problem.

My ISP does not have a clue as they
claim it's a spam or virus problem.  Any ideas?  Is it Mitch's mail client
or my ISP?  I know it couldn't be a MS issue ;-)

Try to figure out which POP server your ISP is using. Connect to it on port 110 with any Telnet program. "telnet pop.example.com 110" in Fedora.) If you're lucky, the first thing the server prints will be its name and version.

Björn Persson