Re: building a 2.6 kernel

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

What I actually think of is your suggestion to ro mount the
/usr/partition. Seems to me it is conflicting with prelinking, isn't it?

i never really looked hard at prelinking, it does claim to actually modify the libs themselves, doesn't it? hmmm ... that seems to fly in the face of the FHS proposal, that /usr be shareable and mountable read-only. i must look at this more carefully.

rday