Re: Is there anyway I could boot linux faster

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 12:35 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The funny part was that she didn't live in a world where you
> > just let'em run...they get turned off every time they get up, in their
> > world.
>
> My parents and sisters are like that - they bemoan the lack of things
> for Linux yet are scared senseless to use their XP boxes on broadband -
> my dad even disconnects from the router if he leaves his machine for a
> pee!
>
> Me - I leave everything on all of the time. Have done for years

Some people will switch off and disconnect every thing from the mains
due to fear's of lightening strikes, or household files. I can't really
criticise them for that (I'm just too lazy).

Others do it for power consumptions issues, I can't really criticise
them for that either.

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator