what to do after an IP change

Hi,
If my cable provider changes my IP while the computer is running, what can I do to update my local hostname? e.g., the part after bvitale..

[bvitale@pcp0010126256pcs ~]$

The reason I ask is because after the IP change, sendmail no longer forwarded my local LogWatch messages properly, because it was trying to send from a hostname that was no longer valid.

Thanks,
Ben